Topic: Daniel Cormier

Daniel Cormier for UFC Heavyweight Title Shot!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

05.20.2012 | 1:02 PM ET

So after watching the heavyweight grad prix last night, and cursing at a bartender for saying DC was fat, I have to say that what Zuffa has planned for DC is just plain ridiculous. As they are saying strikeforce has folded their heavyweight division into the UFC, however Cormier still has to fight one more time under the Strikeforce banner before moving to the UFC. I feel that this is kind of like giving him coal for a christmas present. I mean he just beat one of the all time greatest heavyweights in the history of MMA, and in my opinion the greatest heavyweight submission fighter no offense to those who believe otherwise, and he did it very convincingly. But, Josh Barnett gets to go to the UFC for his next fight, if they don't cut him which would be stupid, while Cormier has to wait for Strikeforce to find him someone to fight, because I seriously doubt that a UFC fighter will want to fight him in a non-title fight, outside of the UFC. What I say would be better for DC would be to either have a top title contender from the UFC fight him for a shot at the champion, or have Zuffa just say they will give him the title shot at the winner of Dos Santos vs Mir. My suggestion if they choose the first option is that they should make Overeem fight DC, either in the UFC or Strikeforce, at the end of the year for the No. 1 contender status. What do you guys think?

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Daniel "DC" Cormier

Fighter Details

• Name: Daniel Cormier
  • Pro MMA Record: 22-3-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: DC
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: August 15, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 236.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Kickboxing Academy
  • Height: 5'11" (181cm) | Reach: 72.5" (184cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,306,500 USD
  • Born: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
  • Fighting out of: San Jose, California
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Wrestling
  • Head Coach: Bob Cook
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,024  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.21.2012 | 4:52 PM ET

I kinda like the idea, that The Reem should come over to SF again, he's practically still the champ if I'm not mistaken so you would unify the Grand Prix and the SF titles and than have the winner fight the UFC champ. Would make for a big fight...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.21.2012 | 11:54 PM ET

Cormier should get Velasquez/Silva winner for #1 contender

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

budgellism
budgellism
  • Predictions:  5,820  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  227
  • Post Score: 178

05.21.2012 | 11:55 PM ET

Sounds good to me live2wrestle

"Playground Never Die"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,311  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

05.21.2012 | 11:58 PM ET

so he has one fight left? how that gonna work thought dana said this was last heavyweight fight for strikeforce? i think thell buy it out or whatever they do and hell come to the ufc

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

05.22.2012 | 12:47 AM ET

traeblack I think you would underestimate DC more than you know. I mean everyone picked against him in every fight he had in the grand prix but he busted them all up, plus with more time and experience before he even got a fight with JDS or whomever happens to be champion he would be even more beast-like at that point. I say for a good tune up fight have him fight big country, battle of the bellies!

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

prophecy033
prophecy033
  • Predictions:  4,837  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  204
  • Post Score: 231

05.22.2012 | 12:54 AM ET

Velasquez vs Cormier would be pretty badass IMO. Both are good wrestler and have heavy ass hands.

"Understand your limitations and you will see your Strengths"

RazelThePhoenix
RazelThePhoenix
  • Predictions:  1,019  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 109

05.22.2012 | 1:07 AM ET

That would be a great fight, more than likely their wrestling would cancel out each other's, but Cormier having the advantage by a little, for the experience. Cain i think has harder hands and is faster, but but it would be a great fight and one that we should all talk about even if one gets knocked out in the first minute. 
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,024  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.22.2012 | 1:34 AM ET

I agree, the fight would be great. I don't believe we are gonna see this though unless it's for the UFC strap. Cormier is Cain's wrestling coach, trainings partner & friend...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! McGregor’s Comeback Fight Poster Is A Complete Disaster
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’ll Be Fighting For The Title Next Year’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Credits Colby Covington For Ian Garry Troll Job: ‘Some Of His Finest Work’
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler UFC 303 poster features yellow yelling faces
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Derrick Lewis deliver another knockout at UFC St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMA Mania : ‘You’re Not A Real Man!’ Sterling And O’Malley Reignite Rivalry
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon