Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

Khabib Threatens to Leave the UFC if Zubaira Tukhugov is Released

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

10.11.2018 | 1:10 PM ET

Source

Khabib Nurmagomedov may have just thrown down the gauntlet in the post-UFC 229 controversy.

Nurmagomedov today posted on his Instagram feed a message to the UFC brass. His key point: If the UFC fires his teammates, chiefly Zubaira Tukhugov, for their roles in the post-fight melee, Nurmagomedov is prepared to go with them.

“If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken,” Nurmagomedov wrote in his post. “If you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I’ll break it myself.”

Nurmagomedov (27-0 MMA, 11-0 UFC) submitted Conor McGregor (21-4 MMA, 9-2 UFC) in the fourth round of the UFC 229 main event to retain the lightweight title this past Saturday. After the fight was over, he went over the fence and into the crowd to go after one of McGregor’s teammates, Dillon Danis. While that was happening outside the cage, another melee was happening inside the cage when some of Nurmagomedov’s teammates, including Tukhugov, came over the fence and got into it with McGregor.

Video footage from all kinds of angles show McGregor taking a swing on the fence, but then getting hit from behind moments later. UFC President Dana White said he was “disgusted and sick” over the incident, the Nevada State Athletic Commission started an immediate investigation, and also withheld Nurmagomedov’s $2 million disclosed payday. McGregor’s pay was not withheld. UFC 229 reportedly broke the promotion’s pay-per-view buys record with estimates of around 2.4 million.

Blame has been all over the map for the post-fight brawl. Some say McGregor should be faulted for his extreme trash talk in the buildup to the fight. Some say Danis at cageside insulted Nurmagomedov’s Islamic faith, prompting him to come over the fence in the first place. (Danis late Wednesday denied those claims in a statement.)

And no one has forgotten when the entire beef started back in April, when McGregor arrived in Brooklyn with a crew of people and attacked a bus filled with fighters and teams at UFC 223 – including Nurmagomedov and his team. McGregor threw a metal hand cart into a bus window, and the shattered glass injured two fighters and led to the cancellation of two UFC 223 fights. McGregor was arrested, jailed and eventually pleaded guilty to lesser charges that kept him from further jail time. McGregor’s bus attack was a response to Nurmagomedov allegedly slapping another of McGregor’s teammates, Artem Lobov, in an incident the day before.

But the biggest salvo in this dispute yet perhaps just landed from Nurmagomedov, given he’s the lightweight champion and essentially threatened to quit the organization in defense of not just Tukhugov, but, he said, the honor of his people and culture.

Here is the full Nurmagomedov statement from Instagram from his English translation:

I would like to address @ufc. Why didn’t you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people? They could have killed someone there, why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?

Why do you have to punish my team, when both teams fought. If you say that I started it, then I do not agree, I finished what he had started.

In any case, punish me, @zubairatukhugov has nothing to do with that. If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken. You canceled Zubaira’s fight and you want to dismiss him just because he hit Conor. But don’t forget that it was Conor who had hit my another Brother FIRST, just check the video.

if you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I’ll break it myself.

And one more thing, you can keep my money that you are withholding. You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat. We have defended our honor and this is the most important thing. We intend to go to the end.
#Brothers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him.

Thoughts?

* Edited at 10.11.2018, 1:19 PM ET *

"..."

Responses Page 3

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 10:02 PM ET

My point exactly. That's easy work. But you didnt know how to do it did ya ahahahahahahahaahahahahha cause you're a garotinho. A table saw would scare you i'm sure. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 32 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

10.12.2018 | 10:08 PM ET

>"I'm too busy being a man to give a crap about happiness. Maybe 1 day you'll understand."

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 10:10 PM ET

Pay attention little b*tch

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 32 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

10.12.2018 | 10:25 PM ET

I did it myself. But it would have been easier with some help. Of course i know how to do that. 

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 10:26 PM ET

Prove it.
mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 10:52 PM ET

Well i just painted the wood yesterday. It was a pain getting it to jack up. It was weird but when we bought the house, they replaced the all of the main house roof which was like 36 square but they left the 3 square on the covered porch undone. So i replaced the 3 square last summer and this year i replaced the headers and all the soffit and facia. It got a bit of water damage but nothing too bad which is why i replaced it all. 

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 10:55 PM ET

when "we" bought the house... Are you a female? Men buy houses. Women slurp on penis. No self-respecting man would EVER let or need his wives money. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 10:57 PM ET

You dont even know what a brad nail is. 
mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 11:04 PM ET

Obviously you have no idea how much my wife makes. 

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:05 PM ET

Your wife is just like every other woman...a sperm-catcher. 
mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 11:10 PM ET

Lol. Im now positive youre a virgin. You should get excited for your 1st time. Its the best.

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:12 PM ET

and i'm sure you take orders from a dumpster. Your children are probably mentally-challenged and would make for good kindling. 
mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 11:13 PM ET

Haha. I knew it. You are a virgin. I still like you little buddy.

"Where are my shoes?"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

10.12.2018 | 11:13 PM ET

@mbach

What did you expect from someone whose biggest accomplishment it seems is bragging about "having a high pick percentage" on Tapology?

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:16 PM ET

on a site where picking fights is 99% of the point....yea, you tried though. I would say Hold this L but you've got over 14,000 already. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:16 PM ET

Even if I was a virgin I could F your ***** of a wife. 
mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 11:17 PM ET

I like the kid. I volunteer with troubled kids and he checks all the boxes ( autism or abused, idk but definetly lonely) so i try to show a lot of patience. 

"Where are my shoes?"

mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 11:18 PM ET

Lol. Oh man. You really are a virgin. We cracked the code. You NEED to get some little buddy. Even if it costs a few dollars.

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:19 PM ET

Who is responsible for your children being mentally-handicapped? You or that disgusting piece of trash you call a wife? 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 11:20 PM ET

sucky sucky 5 bucky she told me. 

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Marlon Vera added to UFC Fight Night in Abu Dhabi
  • Bad Left Hook : Taylor vs Catterall 2: Live updates and results, 3:15 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Watch Comedian Andrew Schulz Training BJJ And Striking With Sean O’Malley
  • Jits Magazine : Shoya Ishiguro Gets Last-Minute Win In ONE Friday Fights 64 Results
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Chito Vs. Figgy Heading To Abu Dhabi
  • MMAFighting.com : Jiu-jitsu legend Bia Mesquita set for MMA debut on Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen card
  • MMAFighting.com : Chito Vera vs. Deiveson Figueiredo targeted for UFC Abu Dhabi
  • MMA Mania : Video! Canelo Obliterates Fan With Wicked Body Shot
  • MMA Mania : Garry Vs. MVP Official For UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : ‘There’s A Code,’ Chael Sonnen On His ‘Personal Reasons’ Behind Boxing UFC Op Anderson Silva
  • MMA Junkie : Giga Chikadze: UFC 304 win over Arnold Allen puts me 'back to where I belong' in title picture
  • MMAFighting.com : Alyse Anderson books first fight in more than a year at ONE’s return to U.S.
  • MMA Mania : Ota Replaces Moore, Fights Nuzzi At Bellator Dublin
  • UFC.com : The 10 | Explosive Summer Gets Underway In June
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Vs. Chandler Headed To Dublin!
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Won’t Hold Back When He Fights 58 Year-Old Mike Tyson: ‘The Legend Must Fall’
  • UFC.com : Youngest Athletes Currently In The UFC
  • MMAFighting.com : Ariane Carnelossi to undergo surgery for facial bone fracture after UFC Vegas 92 illegal headbutts
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Paige VanZant, Elle Brooke share cheeky face off at MF & DAZN: X Series 15 weigh-ins
  • Bad Left Hook : Okolie demolishes Rozanski in opening round