Topic: Fighter News & Gossip

Khabib Threatens to Leave the UFC if Zubaira Tukhugov is Released

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

10.11.2018 | 1:10 PM ET

Source

Khabib Nurmagomedov may have just thrown down the gauntlet in the post-UFC 229 controversy.

Nurmagomedov today posted on his Instagram feed a message to the UFC brass. His key point: If the UFC fires his teammates, chiefly Zubaira Tukhugov, for their roles in the post-fight melee, Nurmagomedov is prepared to go with them.

“If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken,” Nurmagomedov wrote in his post. “If you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I’ll break it myself.”

Nurmagomedov (27-0 MMA, 11-0 UFC) submitted Conor McGregor (21-4 MMA, 9-2 UFC) in the fourth round of the UFC 229 main event to retain the lightweight title this past Saturday. After the fight was over, he went over the fence and into the crowd to go after one of McGregor’s teammates, Dillon Danis. While that was happening outside the cage, another melee was happening inside the cage when some of Nurmagomedov’s teammates, including Tukhugov, came over the fence and got into it with McGregor.

Video footage from all kinds of angles show McGregor taking a swing on the fence, but then getting hit from behind moments later. UFC President Dana White said he was “disgusted and sick” over the incident, the Nevada State Athletic Commission started an immediate investigation, and also withheld Nurmagomedov’s $2 million disclosed payday. McGregor’s pay was not withheld. UFC 229 reportedly broke the promotion’s pay-per-view buys record with estimates of around 2.4 million.

Blame has been all over the map for the post-fight brawl. Some say McGregor should be faulted for his extreme trash talk in the buildup to the fight. Some say Danis at cageside insulted Nurmagomedov’s Islamic faith, prompting him to come over the fence in the first place. (Danis late Wednesday denied those claims in a statement.)

And no one has forgotten when the entire beef started back in April, when McGregor arrived in Brooklyn with a crew of people and attacked a bus filled with fighters and teams at UFC 223 – including Nurmagomedov and his team. McGregor threw a metal hand cart into a bus window, and the shattered glass injured two fighters and led to the cancellation of two UFC 223 fights. McGregor was arrested, jailed and eventually pleaded guilty to lesser charges that kept him from further jail time. McGregor’s bus attack was a response to Nurmagomedov allegedly slapping another of McGregor’s teammates, Artem Lobov, in an incident the day before.

But the biggest salvo in this dispute yet perhaps just landed from Nurmagomedov, given he’s the lightweight champion and essentially threatened to quit the organization in defense of not just Tukhugov, but, he said, the honor of his people and culture.

Here is the full Nurmagomedov statement from Instagram from his English translation:

I would like to address @ufc. Why didn’t you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people? They could have killed someone there, why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?

Why do you have to punish my team, when both teams fought. If you say that I started it, then I do not agree, I finished what he had started.

In any case, punish me, @zubairatukhugov has nothing to do with that. If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken. You canceled Zubaira’s fight and you want to dismiss him just because he hit Conor. But don’t forget that it was Conor who had hit my another Brother FIRST, just check the video.

if you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I’ll break it myself.

And one more thing, you can keep my money that you are withholding. You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat. We have defended our honor and this is the most important thing. We intend to go to the end.
#Brothers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him.

Thoughts?

* Edited at 10.11.2018, 1:19 PM ET *

"..."

Responses Page 2

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.11.2018 | 7:31 PM ET

It must be like a b-grade 80's war film in your mind, seriously. I actually don't think I've ever met anyone so oblivious to geopolitical reality as yourself. You do realize that the US backed off when Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, right? The US had a very strong interest in that not happening, and it happened. That's just one example. They also let the Saudis literally get away with murder because they need that petrodollar.

And modern warfare isn't the bizarre fantasy that you have put together from Rambo movies. There are not hundreds of planes dropping bombs and killing millions of people. There are protocols and rule of engagement. Nobody wants another repeat of Dresden.

I'm sure we have some military guys on the boards. I hope one or two come out of the woodwork to point out how amazingly ignorant and deluded you are.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 1 week, 5 days, 19 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 7:36 PM ET

I'm diluded? You brought up IG followers garotinho. The longer you type the less that is actually said. 

US didn't drop an atomic bomb on Hiroshima? The Coalition isn't responsible for hundreds of thousands of children being bombed? CIA doesn't assassinate people without a trace? The US doesn't have torture camps? 

Everything I said was the truth and you know it. You don't threaten people with blood on their hands and that's exactly what that little rat is doing. Talking big game to people who murder for fun. 

Hell you proved my point for me. US will let others murder each other as long as we get what we want. US will fund terrorist because those terrorist kill people we want dead. This is 2018 baby. US does what it wants, when it wants, to whoever we want and NOBODY is going to stop that. 

You're right we did back outta Crimea, why? Because Ukraine was making a fool outta the Russians. Still are. 

* Edited at 10.11.2018, 9:26 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 8 hours, and 32 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 7:43 PM ET

The US is the type of savage to help you bring cocaine into the country then shoot you in the head. They'll give you guns then bomb you later. You blow up 2 towers, we invade your country, decimate your population, take your resources then leave. but only when we want to leave. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 8 hours, and 32 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 7:47 PM ET

Khabib is like a Crip or Blood talking crap to the Mafia. You own that corner, we own the house your mother lives in. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.11.2018 | 7:51 PM ET

I didn't bring up Instagram, that was someone else. The least you could do is work out who is saying what. Yes, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed.It was horrific. We can never let anything like that transpire again, because now the stakes are higher. Nuclear annihilation is achievable not just by the US, but through even relatively minor nuclear powers. Currently. Russia's nuclear might is equivalent to that of the US.

We also don't go around nuking Middle Eastern countries. And yes, many children have died and continue to die as a result of US imperialism in the middle east, especially as a result of the Iraq war which was and continues to be a debacle. However, in your mind killing innocent children is vengeance, and is justified. Iraqi children. Who had nothing to do with it and likely weren't even born. There were no Iraqis on the planes that hit the towers, and Iraq has never attacked the US.

And khabib hasn't threatened anyone. He's said that if his friend is cut, he walks. Stop making **** up.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 1 week, 5 days, 19 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 8:00 PM ET

Keep proving my point. It doesn't matter what your nationality is, if you look like our enemies, you die with them. 

Was it horrible, absolutely, but a point had to be proven. You mess with the US and we will annihilate your entire race. Japan will never step out of line again. They learned. Middle-East will learn. 

the US showed up thousands of years late to a land FULL of people and claimed it within minutes. Russians haven't even declared independence from the Mongolians that made them Asian. Russians aren't Asian, they're European. Too chicken **** to do anything about it though. 

US is like Escobar, Plata or Plomo. Silver or lead. Join or die. 

Khabib issues threat, but he hasn't threatened anybody. Which is it? You didn't bring up IG followers but you agreed to it like such a simpleton. 

Besides Assad using chlorine bombs on his own people who else has used nuclear weapons against the world? Nobody. Just the United States of America. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 8:20 PM ET

Your Francois Arouet quote is hilariously ironic. Who's can't you criticize anymore? The US. We are the rulers of mankind. 

A frenchman speaking of cowardice. The hypocrisy broke my ribs. 
"One of the chief misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowardly" 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.11.2018 | 8:26 PM ET

Just say Voltaire. When you go to Mcdonalds, you don't tell people you're going to a 'restaurant', do you? Just use the non de plume. And let's not pretend you've heard of Voltaire before I quoted him in a sig.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.11.2018 | 8:55 PM ET

Never heard of em that's right. Good reason. Dude was a nobody talking to himself and a bunch of silly fruitcakes listened. 
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

10.11.2018 | 9:04 PM ET

@fishrat

As ****** up as Islam and all its variant sects are, look up some of the sects of Japanese Buddhism, specifically Nichirenist Buddhism, and prepare to get your mind blown.

* Edited at 10.11.2018, 11:59 PM ET *

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 12:38 PM ET

Great to see Khabib hanging out with Kadyrov....Such a humble man. 

Hilarious that Khabib doesn't realize posting pics with loved ones immediately puts them in danger. 

He's just a boy from the hills of Dagestan. 

By the time people started getting hurt he would cry and beg for it to stop. 

* Edited at 10.12.2018, 12:40 PM ET *

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

10.12.2018 | 5:26 PM ET

I just think bruce is a lonely person. That's where the dillusion starts. If you spend too much time on the internet with no real interaction, you can find the truth you want if you search hard enough. Doesnt mean it's true, it's just what he wants to believe. My advice bruce, get a girlfriend, get married, have kids, and go to church. 

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 7:52 PM ET

My advice little fruitcake, get better at picking fights. You're terrible. 
mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 8:54 PM ET

Lol. Bruce I like you. You just have to focus it on being happy. Because if you arent happy, youre doing it all wrong. 

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 8:59 PM ET

I'm too busy being a man to give a crap about happiness. Maybe 1 day you'll understand. 

I don't like any of you. I would enjoy causing physical harm on everyone, ever. Just for fun. 

* Edited at 10.12.2018, 8:59 PM ET *

mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 9:05 PM ET

Haha. You are a character. Hopefully one day i can become a man just like you. Angry and bitter and wishing to do physical harm to strangers.

"Where are my shoes?"

mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 9:05 PM ET

And i still like you bruce. 

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

10.12.2018 | 9:08 PM ET

You're not burdened by intelligence or greatness. Hints why none of you understand me. You're all worthless, useless, good for nothing. 

I am all that is man. I build houses, punch women in the face, punt children while laughing and drink like a fish. They'll make statues of me. 

* Edited at 10.12.2018, 9:09 PM ET *

mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 9:57 PM ET

You are just too much. Btw lsd has long lasting effects. 

"Where are my shoes?"

mbach4307
mbach4307

10.12.2018 | 10:00 PM ET

And if you build houses i could have used you a couple of days ago when i had to replace two headers on my porch roof and the soffet and fascia the whole way around. 

"Where are my shoes?"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Final Invites Announced For ADCC 2024 Under 99kg Division
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: A Follower Who Needs Validation
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: If Khamzat Chimaev doesn't manage his pace, 'it's going to be an early night for him'
  • Middle Easy : Son of UFC Legend Anderson Silva Will Fight Alongside Him at the Spaten Fight Night Event on June 15
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Donn Davis responds to Bellator fighter complaints about inactivity, unpaid medicals: 'We're direct, fair and reasonable'
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Doing A Great, Amazing Job!’ Topuria Praises Nice Guy O’Malley
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett sends warning to ‘sh*t human being’ Bobby Green ahead of UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman makes 'crazy' pitch of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Francis Ngannou: He's 'the biggest puncher out there'
  • MMA Mania : Fourth McGregor Fight? Poirier Doesn’t ‘Need That Bad Energy In My Life’
  • MMAFighting.com : Khalil Rountree Jr. suspended 2 months for doping violation, could face additional penalty in Nevada
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria praises 'showman' Sean O'Malley: 'I like him, he's doing a great job'