Topic: Jones-Lybarger vs. Nunes

Jones-Lybarger vs. Ansaroff

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,730  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,618
  • Post Score: 60

12.08.2016 | 11:17 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Jones-Lybarger vs. Ansaroff. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.08.2016 | 11:17 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Jones-Lybarger   wrong Decision  

Let's go Jo - your hair is superior and more flavorful with a dash of well rounded mess 

* Edited at 12.08.2016, 11:23 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

agent6d9
agent6d9
  • Predictions:  793  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 46

01.03.2017 | 2:32 AM ET

Prediction: correct Nunes   wrong Decision  

Because she bangs the champ!

"Let me bang bro!" "I do let you bang bro..." XD

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,964  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,378
  • Post Score: 40

01.11.2017 | 7:34 PM ET

i think jocelyn is decent, i'm not entirely sure why they're trying to put some hype behind nina.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,540  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.12.2017 | 9:49 AM ET

Well, firstly Nina is actually a pretty good fighter. All her losses (barring the Casey Noland loss) have been to top notch fighters (Honchak was #1 125er on the planet, most likely still is, Lima and Kish both top contenders and Esparza ex-champ).

Secondly, yes, they've got potentially a great story if Nina gets a nice streak going on and can somehow works her way into contention, suddenly they've got this gay power-couple, which helps a lot in selling MMA for what it is to all the Meryl Streeps out there (which is competition between high-level athletes with complete disregard to race, gender or sexual orientation). It also gives them a nice angle on Amanda who's a pretty hard sell when it comes to marketability. If they're "stuck" with her as champ, they may as well find one the places where she becomes likable.

That said, why are you saying they're trying to put some hype behind her? I haven't seen the UFC pushing this fight in particular. They just booked a fight between two UFC fighters who are pretty evenly matched and in more or less the same position (fighting for their jobs) - good matchmaking, that's all.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

01.12.2017 | 5:09 PM ET

I think you are reading far to into this Yoss. She doesnt matter that much to them and that storyline is a niche sell anyway which won't do much market wise for them. There's a reason they don't really hype Amanda, because she really isn't that marketable... and she's champ.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 17 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

01.13.2017 | 2:06 AM ET

I think Nunes will be more marketable now that she's destroyed Ronda. Now her speech about Nina becoming champ...that might be some wishful thinking. Let's just take it fight by fight.lol Sucks to see either cut on a loss though, even with it being deserved.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Four Medalists Invited To Return For ADCC 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Jones Laughs Off Aspinall Vs. Blaydes: ‘Number One Contender Spot’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris Results: Mix vs. Magomedov
  • MMA Mania : Predictions! Bellator Paris Full Main Card Preview, Picks
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Things get spicy between Jake Paul, Mike Tyson at Texas news conference
  • MMA Mania : All In! Fury Gambling Legacy And Reputation Against Usyk
  • MMAFighting.com : Aspen Ladd still confused about PFL-Bellator’s plans for women’s featherweight division
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones teases his return in November, fires back at Tom Aspinall and his UFC 304 co-main event
  • MMA Junkie : Edson Barboza on Lerone Murphy at UFC Fight Night 241: 'It's going to be a war like always'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson mocks ‘fat’ Jake Paul, claims he’s only knocked out ‘little children’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jake Paul signals gunshot after Mike Tyson turns back during faceoff
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Vs. McGregor? ‘People Have To Be Stupid To Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series predictions: Just one non-unanimous pick in Paris – but who?
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference live stream
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Jake Paul Vs Mike Tyson Press Conference Video!
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk Preview Show: Who becomes the first undisputed heavyweight champion in 25 Years?
  • Bad Left Hook : WBA adds, then removes rehydration clause from Tank vs Martin
  • Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk and more!
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson vs. Paul press conference (Arlington) video
  • MMA Mania : ‘Baddy’ Bet ... Pimblett Opens As Biggest UFC 304 Underdog