Topic: Brandon Vera

Delusional Brandon Vera is putting the HW and LHW on notice ... AGAIN!!!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.10.2013 | 6:47 AM ET

Not only did he not learn not to self-proclaim himself a double-division threat anymore he does it AGAIN after A LOSS.

He has one good fight (which he LOST) in a million years and "The Truth" is back in full form (at least verbally).

Wow. Just ... wow!

p.s. Pat Barry ROCKS!! AGAIN!!!

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Brandon "The Truth" Vera

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Brandon Michael Vera
  • Pro MMA Record: 16-10-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Truth
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: December 03, 2022 in ONE
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 224.4 lbs
  • Affiliation: Alliance MMA
  • Height: 6'3" (190cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $822,000 USD
  • Born: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
  • Fighting out of: San Diego, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.10.2013 | 7:18 AM ET

Pat always acts like what I imagine he would be like if you were just hanging out with him. He's hilarious but not in a way that he's trying to be funny. Nothing worse than a guy spouting off bits with a "please like me attitude" but awesomeness really just seems like it comes naturally to HD.

Also, whatever the **** Vera is smoking could knock even the great Joe Rogan flat on his ass. How the **** can you become so ****y after losing a fight? I hope he gets someone along the lines of Manuwa next so he can get some perspective knocked into him.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

03.10.2013 | 8:31 AM ET

Despite some the odd one sided beat down here and there, I've always liked Vera. He might have a lot of (possibly misplaced) confidence in himself but he isn't trying to be a complete ********* about it.
He has a few losses on his resume that I'm sure he would love to go back and make amends for (Jardine mainly, he was kinda robbed against Couture).
Apart from that he lost to Shogun, Jones, Timmeh (not prime Tim, but not exactly the awful Tim) and Werdum - we can't count Thiago as he was radioactive at the time.

Will Brandon ever hold a belt in the UFC? Not a chance, but he is a good gatekeeper.

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

03.10.2013 | 9:17 AM ET

Vera Vs Jimmo.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.10.2013 | 9:18 AM ET

I don't mind confidence (what is a fighter without confidence in himself?) and I don't even mind if he really believes what he said, but please, at least win a fight before you start saying it out loud (even then I wouldn't if I were him, but it would at least be somewhat excusable) ... and do yourself a favour, don't go bi-divisional again ... he's barely a LHW gatekeeper, he has no business even looking at the HW division in a funny way.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

03.10.2013 | 9:32 AM ET

Yeah, fighters will say crazy **** - I guess it's a consequence of being hit on the head for a living? :)

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.10.2013 | 10:33 AM ET

I think if your goal is to be the LHW and HW champ at the same time while the guy that demolished your face with one elbow is taking his good sweet time about moving up to a division that he'd be comfortable in then you need to seriously sort out your priorities.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

03.10.2013 | 12:43 PM ET

Vera is insulting everyone's intelligence by trying to talk his way into relevancy again. He's going to be 36 later this year and hasn't won a fight since 2011. It takes Vera about year in between fights too which I really don't understand. I think Jon Jones may have done some permanent damage to his noggin.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

StarsStavros
StarsStavros

03.10.2013 | 12:49 PM ET

It's just him keeping confidence in himself, as a fighter he's trained to believe that with enough work he can beat anyone regardless of what has happened in the past.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,435  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

03.10.2013 | 3:29 PM ET

Let the guy be confident. I enjoy watching Vera and honestly I thought he was done fighting having not heard anything about him until a couple days ago.. Happy he's back and motivated. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez confident Dustin Poirier's guillotine won't work on Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Zhang Vs. Wilder Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 predictions: Five blowout picks in Newark, but are upsets looming?
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • MMA Mania : Lightweight’s Greatest Brawler Takes A Final Swipe At UFC Gold
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 play-by-play and live results (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Embedded: ‘I would never disrespect your family’
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Vs. Poirier Betting Odds, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 302 Results, Streaming PPV Updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang start time, fight card, TV schedule, ring walks for boxing 5v5
  • Bad Left Hook : June P4P Top 10: Who’s the top dog between Inoue, Crawford, and Usyk?
  • Jits Magazine : Bo Nickal Eager For Craig Jones Invitational: ‘Get Me In There’
  • Jits Magazine : Full IBJJF World Championship 2024 Absolute Division Brackets Announced
  • Bad Left Hook : 5v5 - Wilder vs Zhang: Live updates and results, 2 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Lucas ‘Hulk’ Barbosa Enters Under 80kg Division At Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Wilder vs. Zhang Results: Live updates of the boxing 5v5 undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Results: Makhachev vs. Poirier