Topic: Alistair Overeem

Overeem Granted Conditional License for UFC 141 by NSAC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,720  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

12.13.2011 | 3:03 PM ET

anyone read the article on sherdog about this?   http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Overeem-Granted-Conditional-License-for-UFC-141-by-NSAC-38049

I found it interesting that overeems test took six days from out of country and lesnar who is in country and used to the policies took four days longer than required.  It amazes me that so much pressure and bias is put towards overeem who has never tested positive for anything and has only ever been suspected of things based on his build (which is no indicator whatsoever) where as lesnar who comes from a company that has rampant drug use and has been busted with things that were labelled peds (later released) and its an after thought to mention he was four days late.  

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Alistair "The Demolition Man" Overeem

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Alistair Cees Overeem
  • Pro MMA Record: 47-19-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Demolition Man
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: February 06, 2021 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 255.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Reach: 80.0" (203cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,539,999 USD
  • Born: Hounslow, England
  • Fighting out of: Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,435  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

12.13.2011 | 7:39 PM ET

I would feel so awesome to be Alistair. Hes so jacked that people will never believe hes roid free no matter how many tests he takes.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

12.13.2011 | 8:01 PM ET

Hahaha that is really awesome.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

12.13.2011 | 8:07 PM ET

There's no controversy in the NSAC putting Overeem under more scrutiny...he's a prime suspect for PED's.  You don't go from being able to make 205 to being a ripped 250 plus pounds through natural means within the time frame that he has.  Anyone that thinks he is not juicing is grasping at straws.

Personally, I consider the fight to be in jeopardy until his tests come back.  I hope he does test clean, because I want to see the fight whether he's cheating or not.  

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC 302 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Phil Rowe vs. Jake Matthews - Round 3 is in progress.
  • Join the UFC 302 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Phil Rowe 47% Jake Matthews 53%
  • Phil "The Fresh Prince" Rowe (10-4-0) FL, US is the #30th Top Welterweight MMA fighter.
  • Jake "The Celtic Kid" Matthews (19-7-0) VIC, AU is the #33rd Top Welterweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC 302 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey