Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs. Chikadze

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,430
  • Post Score: 47

05.07.2021 | 5:31 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 08.28.2021 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs. Chikadze
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 35
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • TV Ratings: 657,000 avg. viewers (249k ESPN2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Giga Chikadze   defeats   Edson Barboza   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:44 Round 3 of 5, 11:44 Total Bout Page
Bryan Battle   defeats   Gilbert Urbina   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:15 Round 2 of 3, 7:15 Total Bout Page
Ricky Turcios   defeats   Brady Hiestand   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Daniel Rodriguez   defeats   Kevin Lee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Micheal Gillmore   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:12 Round 3 of 3, 13:12 Total Bout Page
Gerald Meerschaert   defeats   Makhmud Muradov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:49 Round 2 of 3, 6:49 Total Bout Page
Abdul Razak Alhassan   defeats   Alessio Di Chirico   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   0:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Wellington Turman   defeats   Sam Alvey   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dustin Jacoby   defeats   Darren Stewart   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   3:04 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
JJ Aldrich   defeats   Vanessa Demopoulos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Pat Sabatini   defeats   Jamall Emmers   via Submission, Heel Hook   1:53 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Mana Martinez   defeats   Guido Cannetti   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 14

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,976  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,379
  • Post Score: 40

08.28.2021 | 12:47 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 959th

Barboza vs. Chikadze
Giga Chikadze, TKO, R2
hedging. i'm not sold on giga as a contender yet, but the same can be said for edson, and i think edson might be too willing to find out who the better striker is.

Battle vs. Urbina
Bryan Battle, DEC
bryan shouldn't have much issue winning the standup from the outside and i think he can defend shot attempts.

Turcios vs. Hiestand
Brady Hiestand, DEC
guess i just wanna choose an underdog, so i'll say ricky is too content putting on a fan-friendly show and gets sloppy and eventually taken down.

Lee vs. Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez, DEC
certainly possible kevin lee gets the back and controls, but i'm more inclined to think that rodriguez can win the standup portions and stuff td's.

Petroski vs. Gillmore
Andre Petroski, SUB, R1
i get that the rest of the mw field on tuf was lackluster, but i would've gone with kemran instead. gillmore seems like a cool enough dude, gotta appreciate his heart, but andre should be far too much for him once it hits the ground.

Meerschaert vs. Muradov
Makhmud Muradov, TKO, R1
feels like a builder fight for muradov so i'm gonna pick it accordingly.

Razak Alhassan vs. Di Chirico
Alessio Di Chirico, DEC
alessio hasn't been ko'd and i'm not sure razak's tank will last long enough to win the first 2 rounds.

Alvey vs. Turman
Wellington Turman, DEC
would rather pick against sam and be wrong than pick him and be scratching my head as to why.

Jacoby vs. Stewart
Dustin Jacoby, DEC
2 guys i can never pick properly so i'm just gonna go against my gut feeling of needing an underdog and take the popular pick in jacoby.

Aldrich vs. Demopoulos
JJ Aldrich, DEC
i'm sure jj will get tagged at some point, she always does, but i also think she'll be able to close the distance and grind it out before/after.

Sabatini vs. Emmers
Jamall Emmers, DEC
unsure, but i'll guess emmers can keep it mostly standing.

Martinez vs. Cannetti
Mana Martinez, TKO, R2
weight miss has me concerned, but not enough faith in cannetti to flip.

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,315
  • Post Score: 283

08.28.2021 | 12:59 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 614th

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod
  • Predictions:  576  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  764
  • Post Score: -48

08.28.2021 | 1:05 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1548th

did I lose you?? did I? did I? did I lose you * Drake voice* haha  Betting is one thing, cool Penne cashed our tickets but Godinez was robbed, she won that fight my man. Penne only won round 1 via holding for dear life and getting thrown to the ground

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/11854/Jessica-Penne-vs-Loopy-Godinezdepmode33 
11-6 media members picked Godinez but I'm not mad at it tho, like I said I picked Penne because I have an understanding about how some of these fights are just set up for a fighter to win

* Edited at 08.28.2021, 1:11 PM ET *

"You people need a bad guy like me.... say good night to the bad guy ~Scarface "

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

08.28.2021 | 1:11 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 2842nd

@PlusmoneyGod, who is your 3 strongest moneyline picks on this card?  I will tail you for one parlay.

I want you to live up to your moniker.  I want you to give everyone here some plus money.  

You are the most confident person on this forum.  So help us make some money my man.
ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  3,019  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,136
  • Post Score: 269

08.28.2021 | 1:13 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2088th

@plusmoney I've never seen that Giga fight, haven't watched much of his kickboxing fights in general but that makes me even more confident in my pick.

I know you're doing competitions so you don't wanna give away your secrets or whatever but this kind of stuff is actually genuine and interesting to read. I don't know if you're joking when you say you "want to make the MMA community better" but that's a better way of doing it than just ****posting/ spamming 

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.28.2021 | 1:15 PM ET

depmode33 these picks ain't freeeee *Kendrick Lamar voice*

Just because you challenged me I gotchu this time 

Sabatini +500 sub is my favorite play of the day via underdog

Edson ML, but for + $, Edson KO +260

Makhmud -200 finish, +180 1st round

* Edited at 08.28.2021, 4:23 PM ET *

"You people need a bad guy like me.... say good night to the bad guy ~Scarface "

depmode33
depmode33

08.28.2021 | 1:17 PM ET

@plusmoneyGod, sounds good brother.  I will tail these.  I will call it the "plusmoneyGod" parlay.  Let's do it!
PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.28.2021 | 1:23 PM ET

ZoomerBet loves me now haha

ZoomerBet bro i love it here. I want everybody here to share good information and help each other win. I talk a lot of s**t but in reality that's just my form of tough love and humor. I don't want any one here to have losing picks especially ones that I feel like have obvious signs of being a bad pick. I hate when people make picks off of baseless opinions (yes every one has the right to their opinion and I respect that BUT WHY IS THAT YOUR OPINION) because that means you're picking with your heart and that almost NEVER works. 
I can admit I came on strong with my s**t talk for a new guy, I understand that created some enemies especially virtually when you can't hear my tone of voice and hear I'm just a lighthearted a$$hole, heavily sarcastic heavily facetious 

* Edited at 08.28.2021, 1:35 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,315
  • Post Score: 283

08.28.2021 | 1:24 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 614th

Sabatini is a good dog pick in general. He’s gifted on the ground. Emmers is a good wrestler too and hasn’t been subbed since 2015. It’s a solid pick and a nice line on than jawn though. I was really back and forth on that pick. I’m a bit erked at myself for not taking the homer Philly pick but oh well. I don’t like going back and editing already submitted picks (unless simple typing error). That **** just gets in my head too much, maaan. 

* Edited at 08.28.2021, 1:30 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,105  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,121
  • Post Score: 137

08.28.2021 | 1:30 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1370th

Probably best I'm on vacation in a non gambling state. Not super confident in some of these picks 

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.28.2021 | 1:30 PM ET

loudenSwain PHILLY PHILLY. Nice to meet you dog. Put your pride to the side and switch that pick to Sabatini haha. He wrestles like his name is Sabatinimagomedov or something. He should at least win a decision vs Emmers with the back injuries

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.28.2021 | 1:32 PM ET

depmode33 Sabatini could win the decision too so if it's plusmoneygod parlay take the +120 Sabatini ML hedge so you can potentially win both

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  3,019  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,136
  • Post Score: 269

08.28.2021 | 1:45 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2088th

Hey love is a strong word and you're definitely an ******* but so am I so it's cool haha. I can respect anyone who watches tape seriously and knows what they're talking about. 

btw you came in talking loud last week after 2 fights and we finished even, don't get ahead of yourself, I'm built for the comeback.

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,726  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  156
  • Post Score: -3

08.28.2021 | 1:54 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1060th

Sabatini vs. Emmers
Jamall Emmers, DEC
30-27 Sabatini starts slow, and never catches up

Martinez vs. Cannetti
Mana Martinez, TKO, R1
Left Hook.

Messorem04
Messorem04
  • Predictions:  2,281  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 417

08.28.2021 | 2:11 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1785th

Battle vs. Urbina
Bryan Battle, DEC
I didn't watch this season of TUF, so I'm making this pick purely on the basis of this man having the last name "Battle."

Alvey vs. Turman
Wellington Turman, DEC
That Sam Alvey is still in the UFC and Jimmie Rivera isn't is baffling.

"Hahahahahahahaha How The **** Is Jiu-Jitsu Real Hahahaha Just Stand Up Like Don't Get Submitted Haha." -- Derrick Lewis

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,726  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  156
  • Post Score: -3

08.28.2021 | 2:15 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1060th

Barboza vs. Chikadze
Giga Chikadze, DEC
48-47x2 ,49-46 UNI

Battle vs. Urbina
Gilbert Urbina, DEC
29-28 Split Dec, Urbina dominates consensus.

Turcios vs. Hiestand
Ricky Turcios, TKO, R2
Ground and Pound absolute domination.

Lee vs. Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez, DEC
30-27 Good fight, DROD gets it done UNI.

Petroski vs. Gillmore
Andre Petroski, TKO, R1
Who cares? but its gonna be fireworks and end quickly on either side. PUNCH to GNP

Meerschaert vs. Muradov
Makhmud Muradov, DEC
29-28 UNI Gerald shows a little more durability.

Razak Alhassan vs. Di Chirico
Abdul Razak Alhassan, TKO, R2
Crazy knockout. Punch

Alvey vs. Turman
Sam Alvey, TKO, R2
This is ending early, Turman rushes when Alvey is hurt, Sam Right Hook Counters

Jacoby vs. Stewart
Dustin Jacoby, DEC
Close fight 29-28

Aldrich vs. Demopoulos
JJ Aldrich, DEC
Split 29-28

depmode33
depmode33

08.28.2021 | 2:50 PM ET

So from my analysis over the past hour, the best value on this card is Bryan Battle ml at -168.  Obviously, Martinez/Petroski/Muradov are heavy favorites who should win but in terms of actual betting value, it is Bryan Battle at those odds so that's my lock for the night.  

Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,674  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  871
  • Post Score: 169

08.28.2021 | 2:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2776th

Barboza vs. Chikadze
Edson Barboza, DEC
Can't doubt Giga in this one. He's got some kicks. This is definitely one of the greatest fights (on paper) of 2021. It all comes down to Giga's gas tank since this is his first UFC main event.

Meerschaert vs. Muradov
Makhmud Muradov, TKO, R2
Don't doubt GM3 but Muradov should get a standing tko in this fight.

Alvey vs. Turman
Sam Alvey, DEC
Never thought I'd actually pick Alvey.

Aldrich vs. Demopoulos
JJ Aldrich, DEC
Demopoulos welcome to the UFC. Vanessa could honesty stop her. She has underrated striking as seen in her fight with Arceo.

Sabatini vs. Emmers
Pat Sabatini, DEC
Sabatini I think will be MUCH more accurate than Emmers. He won't be able to land those takedowns, but I think on the feet he will look much cleaner than Emmers. Sabatini UD.

Martinez vs. Cannetti
Guido Cannetti, DEC
Look, I know Martinez is SUCH a finisher, but listen. He showed 0 TAKEDOWN DEFENSE in his fight with Rodriguez. Once Cannetti takes him down, he's done for. Canetti grinds to the decision.

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  13,016  |  73.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,264
  • Post Score: 189

08.28.2021 | 3:09 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 2921st

Barboza vs. Chikadze
Giga Chikadze, TKO, R3
Chikadze always puts the pressure on when he goes up to the octagon in addition to having good volume of strikes and excellent counter, Barboza could take advantage in the fight if he takes Giga's base with Leg kicks or if he works with body shots from the beginning, but it is Obviously, the pressure game is the key to beating Barboza and in that aspect Giga performs very well (another factor is whether Chikadze is enough to win by KO or to ensure at least 3 rounds in his favor). Giga Chikadze seems to me to be a fighter who has managed to perform very well since his arrival in the UFC, improving his takedown defense and little by little overcoming more competitive opposition. Also, the guy knows how to promote himself very well with Call outs that he knows that the public will love the possible matchup or details such as trademark the kick to the body against Swanson as the "Giga Kick" or say that he has prepared on the ground to do the '' Giga Choke'' (Giga-plata) are a good way to make yourself known instead of insulting friends or family of other fighters. I am not saying that Chikadze is to be a championship challenger but it will be to see where he ends up depending on the outcome of today's fight.

Lee vs. Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez, TKO, R3
Daniel Rodriguez has had a great run within the UFC since submitting Means in his UFC 246 debut (just with the exception of his low-initiative fight against Dalby). Kevin Lee will likely attempt takedowns from the beginning of the fight with the intention of reaching the ground, trying ground and pound and looking for the rear-naked choke. But if Rodriguez uses sprawl and body shots well in clinch or scrambles, he can even make Lee empty faster than usual. Rodriguez has a wide variety of attacks and once Lee is tired he will have no problem getting a TKO or a late submission. Lee underestimates the matchup against Rodriguez and that may be an advantage for D-Rod

Jacoby vs. Stewart
Dustin Jacoby, DEC
Stewart theoretically has a more diverse fighting style (ability to fight striking and look for takedowns) but Jacoby clearly dominates and has more confidence in his game with his experience in kickboxing and his good cardio can clearly outpoint in volume of strikes over Darren Stewart.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.28.2021 | 3:18 PM ET

Any one betting on Lee vs Rodriguez is a gambling addict ctfu

don't worry come confess your sins to plusmoneygod. I have the fight on 2 low risk parlays haha. My takes: the fight will be a finish and whichever side is the winning side will show himself pretty early

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Javier Mendez Expects ‘Wiser’ Dustin Poirier At UFC 302, Addresses Islam Makhachev’s Guillotine Choke Game Plan, Predicts 5-Round Battle Win
  • Jits Magazine : Final Four Invites Announced For Under 66kg Division At ADCC 2024
  • UFC.com : Michael Chandler Never Wavered
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Will ‘Prepare’ For Dustin Poirier’s Guillotine Choke, Comments On Potential Title Fight With Belal Muhammad And Arman Tsarukyan
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Page says he's down to fight 'annoying' Ian Machado Garry
  • MMA Mania : Holloway Not A ‘Huge Threat’ To Makhachev
  • MMAFighting.com : On To the Next One: Matches to make after UFC Vegas 92
  • UFC.com : Middleweight Contenders Robert Whittaker And Khamzat Chimaev Collide At UFC's Debut Event In Saudi Arabia
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC, BKFC fighter Geane Herrera dead at 33
  • MMA Mania : ‘Do Bronx’ Reacts To Covington Callout
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, BKFC veteran Geane Herrera dead at 33
  • Middle Easy : Anderson Silva To Face Chael Sonnen In Boxing Match On June 15 For His Final Fight In Brazil
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (May 13-May 19)
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He stole the 9th round knockout’: Krassyuk says referee saved Fury from KO loss to Usyk
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 23-25
  • MMA Mania : Cejudo Demotes Himself To APEX, Calls Out Font
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping advises fighters to take full advantage of post-fight interviews: ‘Call out a bloody name’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Everyone in the corner believed we were up’: Fury reacts to loss against Usyk
  • MMA Junkie : Justin Gaethje: Dustin Poirier has 'done so much in this sport,' can't complain whenever he gets UFC title shot
  • MMA Mania : Up Next! UFC 302 PPV In Newark!