Topic: UFC 255

UFC 255: Figueiredo vs. Perez

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,800
  • Post Score: 46

08.07.2020 | 12:38 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 255
  • Saturday 11.21.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN 2
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 587,000 avg. viewers (ESPN2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Alex Perez   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:57 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Valentina Shevchenko   defeats   Jennifer Maia   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Tim Means   defeats   Mike Perry   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Katlyn Cerminara   defeats   Cynthia Calvillo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paul Craig   defeats   Maurício Rua   via KO/TKO, Tapped to Strikes   3:36 Round 2 of 3, 8:36 Total Bout Page
Brandon Moreno   defeats   Brandon Royval   via KO/TKO, Shoulder Injury and Ground and Pound   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Joaquin Buckley   defeats   Jordan Wright   via KO/TKO, Hooks   0:18 Round 2 of 3, 5:18 Total Bout Page
Antonina Shevchenko   defeats   Ariane Lipski   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:33 Round 2 of 3, 9:33 Total Bout Page
Nicolas Dalby   defeats   Daniel Rodriguez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alan Jouban   defeats   Jared Gooden   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kyle Daukaus   defeats   Dustin Stoltzfus   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sasha Palatnikov   defeats   Louis Cosce   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground and Pound   2:27 Round 3 of 3, 12:27 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 5

Mcfall67
Mcfall67
  • Predictions:  12  |  33.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 400

11.15.2020 | 9:19 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3227th

Shevchenko vs. Lipski
Ariane Lipski, DEC
see lipski having a better chance of changing levels but both pretty solid on the feet

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,828  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,644
  • Post Score: 261

11.15.2020 | 2:37 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 2519th

@nygannu Have u seen any other Figurado fight beside The Benevidez fights, He look increbley average in a lot of them, Especally in the Formiga fight and the Jarred Brooks fight in his debut. And Btw U can say the same thing about Figurado because they both fought Benavedez and Formiga , dominant one  and got embaress by the other one  , Fought alot of meh fighter, Only diffrence is that Figurado also beat Pantoja.

If you want a technicle breakdown, I think the Calf kick and the wresling will give Figurado problems, Watch the Formiga and Jarred Brooks for the wresling weakness, Perez is a great wresler and I think he gonna win with the wresling, Also Figurado kept his stance long so I think Perez is gonna destroy his calf with those kick, It is great value because Figurado is a really hot and cold fight and +230 and people don't know who Perez is.

P.s Also It not disreacted to say a fighter could win a fight because 90% of fight are close to coin flips and that why I love MMA, And I said Izzy, Blahovics and Khabib are gonna **** up Costa ,Reyes and Gaeche and everyone called me retarted and disresctful to other fighter. I guess I can Never win lol

* Edited at 11.15.2020, 3:20 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.15.2020 | 3:02 PM ET

A message from your friendly honorary forum moderator

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 484th

I HEREBY DECLARE THE DUCK MUST SHUT UP!!
Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

11.15.2020 | 3:34 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1036th

Figueiredo vs. Perez
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R2
Ohhhh boy. I really want to bet on Perez. Like I reallllly want to bet on Perez. Because I see these little moments in Figueiredo's fights where he looks very vulnerable. But he has this weird almost animalistic instinct that helps him survive those mistakes. I've seen some of the most unconventional yet effective get ups, TD defense, and footwork for Deiveson. Only person I would be confident could beat him is MM. THAT SAID, Perez is a live dog past 15 minutes especially if the weight cut looks particularly bad for Figueiredo. But do I really believe any Flyweight out there can make it to the 4th round against Figgy? Hahahaha... no.

Shevchenko vs. Maia
Valentina Shevchenko, TKO, R4
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Valentina Shevchenko vs Nunes 2 after she beats Andrade and Calvillo. Valentina won those fights and I'll go to my grave on that.

Rua vs. Craig II
Maurício Rua, TKO, R1
I keep forgetting that Rua isn't even that old. Paul Craig is a very weird fighter, he's like Hermannson if Hermansson sucked. Weird striking, and awkwardly infeffective takedowns. I think Rua capitalizes in round one learning after the experiences from the first fight.

Chookagian vs. Calvillo
Cynthia Calvillo, SUB, R2
Calvillo is up next after Andrade for the title shot. Chook is cashing checks before she retires in my opinion. She faced the wall to the title and lost hope that she could make it.

Perry vs. Means
Tim Means, DEC
I love Tim Means, and despite what people think he actually has a decent chance here. It's realistically Perry's fight to lose and I understand that. I just really like Tim Means.

Shevchenko vs. Lipski
Ariane Lipski, DEC
This episode of spastic MMA math features the worst fight on the card: You have grappler vs striker in essence with this fight. Now, finishing power for both in their respective areas of expertise? Shevchenko has like a 2% chance whereas Lipski has like a 30% chance of getting a sub. Now who is better at surviving the others best weapon? Lipski isn't a good striker, but she's not like AWFUL. Shevchenko however, is an AWFUL grappler. It's WMMA so there's no harm in picking a dog so if you wanna pick Shevchenko I'm not mad.

Jouban vs. Gooden
Alan Jouban, DEC
Come on now. Who does Jouban know in the UFC to get such an idealistic matchup as this? He looks like he'd be Sean Shelby's type. Worst male fight on the card.

Daukaus vs. Stoltzfus
Kyle Daukaus, TKO, R2
Man. This is a hard ******* fight to pick. I get why the populous wants to take Daukaus because of the grit he showed in the Allen fight on his debut. He's an amazing grappler and not a terrible striker to boot. Now, how about Stoltzfus? Pretty much the same thing. I mean they have both looked equally impressive in my eyes, it's just that Daukaus has had a stronger strength of schedule. But man, Stoltzfus may just be a future champ undercover. It's not always his fault that he hasn't had the toughest fights in the world, maybe people are regularly ducking him. Size and experience goes to Daukaus so I won't go with my urge to select the underdog.

Moreno vs. Royval
Brandon Moreno, DEC
What a cool fight. No bet and I'm picking basically by flipping a coin. These guys are closely matched, but I think the tough fights Moreno has had early in his career have made him the wiser fighter of the two.

Buckley vs. Wright
Joaquin Buckley, TKO, R1
I'm riding the hype. Two punchers in this matchup and I know for a fact that Buckley has a hell of a chin. I think he puts enough damage on Wright to get him out of there early.

Cosce vs. Palatnikov
Louis Cosce, TKO, R1
Hahahaha. What a matchup? They must like Cosce after that absolute upset in his contender fight. Hell, he lost me money and I was enjoying it. Louis cracks. Seems like all these Welterweight boys are suddenly hitting harder than the MW and LH.

Dalby vs. Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez, TKO, R2
Oh boy. Dalby is tough at least? Take your pick leg kicks or chin check. D-Rod is a lock, I think Dalby makes it into round 2 though because Rodriguez is a very cerebral finisher.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 339

11.15.2020 | 3:54 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1518th

I definitely think Perez gets a lot of disrespect from odds makers here, he's dangerous 

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  42,010  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,398
  • Post Score: 286

11.15.2020 | 4:12 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3227th

Shevchenko vs. Lipski
Ariane Lipski, SUB, R2
Ariane Lipski's got the better ground game as far as I'm concerned so I recon that she'll find a way of submitting Antonia Shevchenko. Is it weird that this is the fight I'm most looking forward to on the card? This could be the surprise FOTN as far as I'm concerned.

Daukaus vs. Stoltzfus
Dustin Stoltzfus, DEC
This is seems like a nice competitive match up on paper at least.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,186  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,264
  • Post Score: 189

11.15.2020 | 4:24 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 126th

So they sell Jordan Wright as an undefeated fighter even if he get murdered in the cage because Hernandez smoke? That seems stupid to me..

@TWJake and wath if Chookagian goes herself for the takedown and put Calvillo on her back for 3 rounds like she did with Antonina

* Edited at 11.15.2020, 4:36 PM ET *

"Never go down without a fight"

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 339

11.15.2020 | 4:27 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1518th

Antonina is nowhere near the grappler that Calvillo is, ill be surprised if she doesn't outwrestle Chookagian if not completely outgrapple her

* Edited at 11.15.2020, 4:27 PM ET *

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.15.2020 | 5:26 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 484th

It's lipski vs big sis shevchenko. Spoiler alert lipski ain't wrestling she's gonna strike as she usually does and will get picked apart by shevchenko. This fight seems Taylor made for shev.
Hippie
Hippie

11.15.2020 | 6:22 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 384th

BetAgainstMe2Win
BetAgainstMe2Win
  • Predictions:  530  |  56.2%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 230

11.15.2020 | 7:29 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1632nd

jeez from the picture of that video is Maia going to even make championship weight? lol we need a replacement on stand by immediately!
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

11.15.2020 | 7:33 PM ET

She Miss weight in 2 out of her 3 last fights, 1 of the many reason I think it mently rentrted to give jenifer maia the title shot over Cynthia

"Quack quack quack"

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,728  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

11.15.2020 | 8:06 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1307th

This feels like a Buckley trap fight. Riding this viral fame against a polished undefeated prospect who will have height and reach advantages.

Mike Perry is a really good fighter for 30 seconds each round. A weird rangey striker like Means can steal the rounds and get a decision. 

And we know Royval is always live. This is gonna be a tough gambling card. 

* Edited at 11.15.2020, 8:10 PM ET *

SevenLakerSeth
SevenLakerSeth
  • Predictions:  4,753  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,192
  • Post Score: 144

11.15.2020 | 8:41 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 744th

Beside the title fights and Moreno/Royval this card is very underwhelming. 
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,728  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

11.15.2020 | 8:48 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1307th

Mike Perry's goofy ass is entertaining! Daukas and Buckley are in interesting fights. And then theres the Rua-Craig trainwreck which'll be weird/fun to see. It's a decent card, not PPV worthy 
mnattlin
mnattlin
  • Predictions:  376  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

11.16.2020 | 1:30 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2953rd

Buckley vs. Wright
Joaquin Buckley, TKO, R1
I really wanted to fade the buckley hype, but Jordan Wright can't take a punch

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

11.16.2020 | 4:12 AM ET

@seth Only fight I think that are bad on the card is Shogun vs Craig and I’m indefrent to Both shevshinko sister fight and Calvilo vs Chook. Only problem is that is make 3/5 of your $60 and most of the rest of the fight are Dope fights 

"Quack quack quack"

HiDefff
HiDefff

11.16.2020 | 7:57 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1211th

Surprised everyone is so high on Buckley after that kick. He's not all that great outside of that one highlight. Jordan Wright is a professional can crusher. I still think he gets it done here. y'all should watch James Krause interview about how Buckley is as a person or training partner. 
NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

11.16.2020 | 9:27 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 2550th

After how wright got knocked out by Hernandez i for sure thought that was the last time we would see him in the cage. 

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

11.16.2020 | 9:41 AM ET

@HiDefff

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1036th

Yeah, Buckley is basically a trash person. So are a lot of good fighters unfortunately. Buckley can box really well in addition to taking a punch. Unfortunately my feelings don't really matter too much in the outcome of a fight otherwise Joey B would've retired champion and ridden Olivi home while Figgy would be riding an Ox in his favella not defending a title. I guess I picked Means for that reason, but I'm expecting to get burned there.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: American Top Team Rallies For Poirier, Slam ‘Clown’ Tsarukyan
  • MMA Mania : Bad Matchmaking? Surging Cannonier Forced Backwards For Khamzat Title Bid
  • MMA Mania : Volkanovski: ‘My Next Fight At Featherweight Will Be For The Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexa Grasso, Valentina Shevchenko look forward to new blood after UFC 306 trilogy is complete
  • MMA Junkie : Vicente Luque: Leon Edwards has 'great wrestling cardio,' more versatile striking than Belal Muhammad
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and boxing action June 7-9
  • MMA Mania : ‘Badass’ Diaz ‘Was Looking F—king Good’ Against Lawler
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57's Dominick Reyes: 'I have the pedigree to get me back to the top'
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘More Interesting’ Than Tsarukyan For Makhachev
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz reacts to press conference brawl, nearly gets into another melee with Jorge Masvidal’s team
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Khabib predicts title, urges Johnson to quit mid-fight and more UFC legendary moments without commentary
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Claims Khabib Would Be UFC Champ ‘Right Now’, How He Compares To Islam Makhachev
  • MMAFighting.com : Kade Ruotolo bringing different level of grappling to MMA: ‘I’m not sure if the MMA world is ready for it’
  • Bad Left Hook : WBC orders Vargas vs Figueroa title consolidation
  • MMA Mania : Brawl! Team Masvidal And Team Diaz Come To Blows
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal press conference erupts into wild brawl
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jorge Masvidal in middle of wild brawl after Nate Diaz refused another press conference faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan: Version of Islam Makhachev at UFC 302 'would be very easy fight for me'
  • MMA Junkie : T.J. Dillashaw thinks Cory Sandhagen will be UFC champ if he tops Umar Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : UFC Fans ‘Feel Sorry’ For ‘Desperate’ Darren Till