Topic: Rashad Evans

Rashad Evans Expects Jon Jones To Try And Avoid Him Again.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

10.04.2011 | 1:25 PM ET

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

"Suga" Rashad Evans

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Rashad Anton Evans
  • Pro MMA Record: 20-8-1 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Suga
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: January 28, 2022 in EFC
  • Weight Class: Light Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 205.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Blackzilians Performance Institute
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 75.0" (191cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $2,722,000 USD
  • Born: Niagara Falls, New York, United States
  • Fighting out of: Boca Raton, Florida
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,257  |  71.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

10.05.2011 | 12:31 PM ET

yeah, maybe a little bit early for my statement here, but when he has beaten evans, machida & probably shogun again and nobody could threaten him, which obviously will be the case :-) , hopefully he goes to the hw div. where he could face some real competition. jones vs. shogun was like a hw vs lhw in my eyes, almost the same with rampage and it sure will be the same against rashad, all i'm saying is i would like to see him in the hw div. and if he's improving like he has done it before, he maybe will be the biggest mma star ever one day, if he stays at 205 bullying smaller opponents i don't see that coming...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

10.05.2011 | 4:36 PM ET

Rashad looking impressive against Tito is like Matt Hughes looking impressive against Renzo Gracie.  Gracie was already way beyond his prime, and shouldn't have taken that fight anyway.  Tito had a fluke victory over Ryan Bader, and all of a sudden half of the MMA world jumped back on his bandwagon.  Then, Dana throws Tito in there with Rashad, who is a top tier LHW competitor, and we saw what happened.  Evans beating a washed up Tito is a whole lot different than going into the cage with the #1 LHW, and top 3 P4P fighter in the world in Jon Jones. 

Don't get me wrong, I do like Rashad.  I just don't think he'll be able to beat Jones at this point.  Jones is much taller, has a ridiculous reach advantage, and with Jones' style of fighting that will make for a very dangerous fight for Rashad Evans.  I agree that Evans' best bet would be to get this fight to the ground, but even there, I'm not sure he has a clear cut advantage.  I think that Jones' wrestling is just as good as Evans', and I think that Jones has much better Jiu-Jitsu, and could pose a threat with his unorthodox submissions at any time, from nearly any position.  Evans' only hope would be a flash KO (which I definitely don't see happening), or scoring a big take down and controlling the top position for all five rounds.  Both of those carry a slim percentage of a chance. 

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Dustin Poirier has 'represented himself with class,' no need to fight after UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Roger Huerta returns from 3-year layoff to co-main PFL Glasgow card, Stevie Ray headlines
  • MMA Mania : Report: ‘Feelers’ Sent Out For Alternate UFC 303 Options
  • MMA Junkie : Michal Oleksiejczuk says arm didn't break at UFC 302, disagrees with stoppage
  • Bad Left Hook : Daniel Jacobs returns against Shane Mosley Jr on July 6
  • MMAFighting.com : Chael Sonnen wonders if Conor McGregor silence sign of renewed focus, Daniel Cormier finds it ‘worrisome’
  • MMA Mania : Roger Huerta Returns At PFL Glasgow!
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen confident Conor McGregor makes UFC 303 but suggests Michael Chandler vs. Max Holloway if not
  • MMA Mania : Bookies Back Islam Over Arman (But Not Leon)
  • MMAFighting.com : Fan pays $95,000 at Neymar auction to watch Charles Oliveira train, cut weight for next UFC fight
  • MMA Mania : Poirier, Nine Others Suspended By NJSACB
  • MMA Junkie : 'I'm not gonna hate on them': UFC 302 winners reveal how they feel about new gloves
  • UFC.com : Youngest Athletes Currently In The UFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 medical suspensions: Dustin Poirier out indefinitely for two potential injuries
  • MMAFighting.com : Jimmy Smith returning to Bellator broadcast team starting with Dublin card in June
  • Jits Magazine : Victor Hugo Withdraws From ADCC 2024 To Enter Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Is Makhachev P4P No. 1?
  • Middle Easy : Ex-UFC Star Marlon Moraes Sworn In As Florida Police Officer
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier says Conor McGregor canceling UFC 303 press conference is 'a little worrisome'