Topic: Wagnney Fabiano

Goodbye Wagnney Fabiano

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

04.11.2011 | 5:05 PM ET

Cut from UFC

http://www.tatame.com/2011/04/11/Wagnney-Fabiano-cut-by-Zuffa-folowwing-loss-to-Benavidez

COuple years ago Fabiano was the hot prospect at UFC 145 division. Then his teammate Aldo stole all his mojo, and it seems like Fabiano never lived up to the hype.  What doomed Fabiano?  Was he never as good as advertised, or did something go wrong?

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

Wagnney "The Silencer" Fabiano

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Wagnney Fabiano-Santos
  • Pro MMA Record: 16-4-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Silencer
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: December 21, 2014 in SB
  • Weight Class: Featherweight | Last Weigh-In: 146.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Nova União
  • Height: 5'6" (168cm) | Reach: 69.0" (175cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $71,000 USD
  • Born: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Toronto, Canada
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.11.2011 | 5:42 PM ET

Didn't he drop to 135 and lose two in a row after a loss at FW or something like that?  I think he did... but I didn't research that.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

04.11.2011 | 7:09 PM ET

Odd move he was 3-2 in WEC and featherweight is so weak. He'll be back, maybe they'll put him on TUF?

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.11.2011 | 7:30 PM ET

I was wrong... He lost his last FW fight, then won 2 in a row at BW before losing to Benavidez.  That is a really odd cut.  I wonder the same as Master Blaster.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 full results, live streaming updates: Barboza vs. Murphy
  • MMA Mania : Fury vs. Usyk results, live streaming play-by-play updates | Ring of Fire
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk start time, fight card, TV schedule, ring walks
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 92 Results: Barboza vs. Murphy
  • Bad Left Hook : Navarrete vs Berinchyk: Live updates and results, 10:30 pm ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk live stream online
  • Jits Magazine : B-Team vs Art Of Jiu-Jitsu Matches Announced For WNO 24
  • Jits Magazine : Date And Weight Class Announced For PGF World Season 7
  • MMAFighting.com : Fury vs. Usyk Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk: Live round-by-round updates
  • Bad Left Hook : Fury vs Usyk: Live updates and results, Noon ET
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Belal Torches Strickland: ‘He’s Probably Gonna Cry’
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Results & Scorecards | Season 3: Episodes 1 & 2
  • MMA Mania : Video! Check Out Belal’s Real-Time Reaction To Title Shot
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: UFC's Khamzat Chimaev can beat anybody across any weight class – in a one-round fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’m Coming For His Heart, F—k His Belts’
  • MMAFighting.com : Benoit Saint Denis: Grappling at ADXC provides motivation after ‘difficult fight’ with Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : Gilbert Burns won't chase Colby Covington fight: 'Too much drama for me'
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev: Khabib Nurmagomedov happy, but misses fighting
  • MMA Mania : Video! Tyson Almost Snaps On Scared Reporter